Peru is not much like other countries. You can find frog juice in the markets, llamas and alpacas walk the streets, and the capital Lima is guarded by policemen with shields.
Why go to Peru?
Getting to Peru is long, expensive and difficult. There are no direct flights from many countries. Nota bene! Before you travel, check the transit rules. However, there are several reasons to travel to Peru:
History and culture. In the 11th -16th centuries, the territory of Peru was occupied by the Inca Empire. Then the conquistadors came there, and the state ceased to exist. Now tourists go to see colonial-era palaces, museums, temples and ancient cultural monuments in Peru.
Сuisine. Peru is called the gastronomic capital of Latin America. It combines Native American, African, Spanish and Asian traditions. Peruvian cuisine was even listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the most diverse. There are fried guinea pigs and kebabs made from cow hearts among the traditional dishes.
Nature. In Peru, you can see the Cordillera Mountains, the Pacific Ocean, Lake Titicaca and the Amazon jungle. It is pointless to describe the nature of Peru — just look at this photo.
For reasons of the versatility of Peru, you can choose one of the Peru tour packages for yourself. Depending on your goals.
- The best time to visit Peru is from June to October, when the jungle and mountains are in dry season.
- In Peru, they can rob even during the day. You should not take the original documents with you — it is better to make copies and store the originals in the hotel safe. Money should be carried in a waist bag under clothes.
- It is better to use licensed taxis or Uber: you can follow the route in the applet.
- In Peru, it is cheaper to take organized excursions than to get to the sights yourself.
- In Peru, it is cheaper to take organized excursions than to get to the sights on your own.
- Mountain sickness can ruin your vacation. It is better to get used to the height gradually.
Still, Peru, in addition to being one of the most interesting countries, is also one of the cheapest and safest! Especially in comparison with neighbouring Brazil.