London is a great place to visit in the winter months, with plenty of activities and attractions to keep you entertained during your stay. From outdoor ice-skating to cosy pubs and festive markets, there’s something for everyone in the capital in winter. Here are some of the best things to do in London during winter.
- Ice Skating: Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, there’s something for everyone when it comes to ice skating in London. The Somerset House Ice Rink is the most popular places to go ice skating in the winter months. Here you can find a variety of classes and activities, perfect for all levels of skaters.
- Christmas Markets: London is home to several festive Christmas markets throughout the winter months. Whether you’re looking for unique gifts, delicious food, or a festive atmosphere, you’ll find it at one of London’s many Christmas markets. Check out the Southbank Centre’s Wintertime Market, the Christmas in Leicester Square market, or the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park.
- Theatre: Theatre is a huge part of London’s culture and winter is a great time to take in a show. Whether you’re looking for a classic musical, a gritty drama, or a family-friendly show, you’ll find something to suit your taste. Check out the West End’s winter offerings, or look out for smaller theatre companies and independent shows.
- Pubs and Bars: London’s pubs and bars are perfect for wiling away the winter months. From cosy pubs with roaring fires to trendy bars with inventive cocktails, there’s something for everyone in London’s bar scene. Check out the historic pubs of Covent Garden or head out to East London for something a bit more eclectic.
- Shopping: London is known for its excellent shopping and winter is no exception. From the designer shops of Oxford Street to the independent boutiques of Shoreditch, there are plenty of places to find something special. From festive decorations to unique gifts, you’ll be sure to find something for everyone on your list.
- Sightseeing: London is home to some of the world’s most iconic sights and winter is a great time to take in the city’s grandeur. Whether you’re visiting the Tower of London, taking a tour of Westminster Abbey, or admiring the view from the London Eye, you’ll find plenty of sights to enjoy in the winter months.
- Festive Events: London has a range of festive events taking place throughout the winter months. From Christmas pantomimes to giant snow globes, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Check out the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, the Winterville market in Victoria Park, or the Winter Festival at Canary Wharf.
The London Pass is a great way to save money when visiting London in winter. It includes free entrance to over 60 attractions, including the Tower of London and the London Eye, and discounts on theatre tickets, restaurants, and shopping.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in London during the winter months. Whether you want to go ice-skating, take in a show, or explore the city’s festive markets, you’ll find plenty to enjoy in the capital.